Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Zealand Nymphing

Bringing in the bow

Prince Nymph
I had the privilege of taking a trip across the world to the north island of New Zealand, where I was able to do a bit of Fly Fishing. My girlfriend and I went out one crisp morning with a guide. We headed out to the crystal blue water around 7:30 am, it was a beautiful morning with frost still on the ground. During the winter fish stop feeding off of flies and move to a more plentiful food source, nymphs. I don't have a lot of experience nymphing, so this was a new technique for me. I missed several fish, which was frustrating, but in the end we landed 3 nice fish one of which was about 3 pounds. I landed the larger Rainbow on a #14 Prince Nymph. This was a great day on the water, but that's not all we were able to do in New Zealand.  I jumped out of a plane and went bungie jumping, two of most exhilarating experiences of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment