Friday, August 26, 2011

North Georgia Trout

 My family went on vacation to the alpine village of Helen, GA this summer. I love this area, and love the trout fishing even more! My total was 4 rainbows and 5 browns. I definitely noticed how much more particular browns are about what they strike are compared to rainbows. All the browns I caught were relatively small, but still fun on the fly. I saw two browns that were over 17 inches and one rainbow over 17 inches in my time exploring the creeks and rivers around the area. I caught three of the browns on different colors of my favorite fly, elk hair caddis. The other ones i caught on a green woolly booger. The most exciting part of fishing was the wildlife I got to see. I was throwing on a brown that was about 18 inches, when I heard the trashcan lid slam. I didn't think anything of it, until it happened again. In the back of my mind I thought bear, but i couldn't see anything so I let it go. Then it happened again and I looked back to see a black bear cub staring at me. I got in the car and cranked it up and it ran off, beautiful creature though.

No comments:

Post a Comment