Thursday, September 1, 2011

Big Fish on at the East Fork...

What a beauty!
So it wasn't that big, but good size and fun the bring in. She was the biggest rainbow I have seem or had the privilege of viewing in South Carolina. I landed this fish on a # 14 prince nymph with an egg pattern trailing behind it. The fish nailed the nymph and took off downstream. I reeled and walked towards it and was able to net it. Needless to say I was pretty excited! I took a photo, then back in the water it went...I have only seen one fish larger in SC, and that was a Brown in the Chattooga River. I have seen a lot more fish a lot bigger than this in the mountains of Georgia, which is only an hour and a half from me. I would like to head that way during the delay harvest months. I am hoping to get out there sometime in November or December.

No comments:

Post a Comment