Sunday, February 13, 2011

A day on the Eastatoe River


On a beautiful afternoon in early January my girlfriend and I visited the river in hopes of landing a few trout. We weren't looking for a trophy, just a tug on the other end of the line. We found a couple pools that looked extremely "fishy" but there were no fish to be found. I had checked the DNR trout stocking schedule and the Eastatoe River (which is located in South Carolina) had been stocked two weeks before. I made the mistake of assuming people couldn't harvest 800 fish in two weeks....well I was wrong. We didn't catch a fish, but at least we saw a rainbow that was about the size of my finger. I would have given almost anything at that moment to have it bite my foam cricket. The trip was overall fun, but I did find out that there was a leak in my waders. NOT a good thing when the water is about 40 degrees. Next trip is planned for mid February, hopefully to either the Chattooga  or the east fork of the Chattooga. Then later when spring comes I would love to catch some wild trout on the Whitewater River.

No comments:

Post a Comment