Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's out in the Big Blue Pond?

Dolphin (Mahi Mahi) caught off the coast of Charleston, SC
 I have been very privileged so far in my life on go a lot of spectacular fishing trips all around the southeast. I have fished for Trout in the mountains of Georgia and South Carolina. I have bass and brim fished in so many ponds and lakes in South Carolina and even a couple in Florida and Georgia. I have also been offshore and inshore fishing numerous times off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina. One of my favorite trips as of yet, would have to be my visit to the Florida Key with my good friend Kenneth Shuler. We caught 72 dolphin and 1 tuna. The real story is what we didn't catch. We hooked up on a monster Tarpon. It was probably getting close to a 100 pounds. We fought him long enough for it to put on a magnificent show. It made me respect anyone who could pull in such a monster on a fly rod. We ran into a school of dolphin that made me wish I had my fly rod with me. We also got out and swam with them, there were so many. It was kind of intimidating thinking about being in 900 feet of water but it was a once in a lifetime chance. I have began to put together a list of places I want to fish before I die. I am hoping that will be a long time from now...since I am still a young-ling at 21 years of age. It is never to early to start seeing or doing the things you love! You only live once, and from what i hear it goes by fast so learn to love who you are and learn to do what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment